Ok, your veterinarian is closed, you just got home from work, it’s a Friday night, 6 pm and your pet really needs to be seen. Where do you go? You bring them to After Hours Adamson Urgent and Emergency Care Center! We can see your pets for urgent care or emergency treatment within night time urgent care hours. We work with your veterinarian to provide the best medicine for your pet. Copies of all your pet’s records go with you to take to your vet.
This is a call ahead or walk in Urgent or Emergency Care service. We have experienced doctors and staff to care for your pet.
About Our Services Offered:
- The Urgent and Emergency Care Center is open Friday Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday from close of the day-time General Practice until midnight, with the last appointment taken no later than 10:30 pm.
- We are primarily an URGENT care center that may also see some emergencies. That means we will provide care for any sick dog or cat patient, providing it isn't something that needs to be at a 24-hour emergency center.
- We prefer you call ahead and schedule an appointment. However, you can call ahead or walk in with either an urgent care or minor emergency case and your pet will be seen. If you call ahead, we can advise you as to our ability to see your pet and if we think it needs more advanced care than we can provide we will refer you to the appropriate 24-hour facility.
- Although we officially close at midnight, we stop taking appointments around 10:30 pm so we can complete hospitalized patient care, perform surgeries, discharge out-patients, educate clients, and close the hospital.
- We will perform minor and intermediate level surgery on patients that do not need to be at a 24-hour care facility.
- We are consistently staffed for the weekend urgent and minor emergency care hours up through midnight.
- We have experienced staff and provide quality medical care to our patients.
- Nearly all urgent care cases are discharged by the end of the night. Patients kept overnight are monitored via remote monitoring.
- We provide medical care for minor emergencies and transfer or refer major emergency cases out to a 24-hour emergency room or specialty center.
- We will stabilize major emergency cases if possible and have the owner transfer their pet to a 24-hour service.
- We provide clear communication with referring DVMs/colleagues regarding services provided and care of their patients. Our job is to work in partnership with your veterinarian, to provide your pet with the best care.
- We have an in-house pharmacy that allows most clients to leave with medication for their pet. Refills can be provided by the referring veterinarian if needed.
- We offer affordable pricing. For the client's convivence and planning, we provide estimates on diagnostic and treatment plans before proceeding.
- We DO NOT offer payment plans.
- We will accept all major credit cards, cash, debit cards, Scratch Pay, and Care Credit.
- We DO NOT accept checks for the after-hour services, but a debit card will be acceptable.
- We have an in-house laboratory to perform most lab tests.
- We have digital imaging ability and can send copies of x-rays home with clients.
- We are closed the following holidays: New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
- We are still working under rules to reduce the spread of COVID-10. To keep our clients, their families, and our staff safe, we ask that clients that have not be vaccinated wear masks.
- We do not normally perform curbside service. We bring clients into the hospital along with their pets for their visit. If the hospital is full, we ask them to wait in their car until we have an open exam room. We perform curbside service for individuals that request it or owners that have been or are sick.